If I thought Eragon had a *LOT* of LOTR in it with a few Star Wars hints here and there - like Obi-Brom Kenobi, copyright by
alphabet26 - Eldest *IS* STAR WARS.
Or rather, Eldest is EMPIRE STRIKES BACK! XD
Come on, Eragon goes to analien planet elf city to meet with Yoda Oromis to complete his Jedi Rider training, part of which consists in meditation and understanding the Force all living beings surrounding him?
Meanwhile,Princess Leia Nasuada attempts to make the Rebels strong enough to face the Emperor Galbatorix?
But the BIGGEST SW references are at the last couple of chapters. Since the first book, it was pretty obvious to me that Murtagh and Eragon were brothers, and that the Twins were traitorous, but I did NOT see the "Luke, I'm your father" scenario coming! XD
Here, the lines spoken duringAragorn Leia Vader Murtagh and Eragon's lightsaber duel final showdown:
Eragon: "Join me,..."and together, we will rule the galaxy as father and son!" Murtagh. You could do so much for the Varden."
Murtagh: "Besides, Zar'roc should have gone to Morzan's eldest son, not his youngest. It is mine by right of birth."Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father?" I never told you my mother's name, did I? And you never told me yours. I'll say it now: Selena. Selena was my mother and your mother. "No. I am your father." Morzan was our father."
Eragon:"No. No. That's not true! That's impossible!" "You're lying."[...]"You're wrong." - I was dissapointed that we didn't hear Eragon crying out "NOOOOOOOO! THAT's IMPOSSIBLE!" though! XD
Murtagh:"Search your feelings. You know it to be true." "You and I, we are the same, Eragon. Mirror images of one another. You can't deny it."
Then, later, when Eragon denied Morzan and said that his father was actuallyUncle Owen Garrow, Eragon said: "Search your feelings. You know it to be true." "Look within yourself; you know it to be true." THAT was totally weird for him to say, he could have said a thousand of better things, like "Garrow raised me as his son, and he is my real father, no matter who sired me" but no, he went with the "Search your feelings. You know it to be true." line. Pfff! XD
Don't get me wrong, I reached a point where this do not make me angry anymore, but rather amused! And I actually think I'm enjoying this books because of the SW fangirl in me! XD
Now, when does book 3 of Inheritance comes out? ;) Will he continue with SW and LOTR, or will he use another fandom? ;) XD
And before I go:
I hope next year goes better than this last one!
Or rather, Eldest is EMPIRE STRIKES BACK! XD
Come on, Eragon goes to an
Meanwhile,
But the BIGGEST SW references are at the last couple of chapters. Since the first book, it was pretty obvious to me that Murtagh and Eragon were brothers, and that the Twins were traitorous, but I did NOT see the "Luke, I'm your father" scenario coming! XD
Here, the lines spoken during
Eragon: "Join me,
Murtagh: "Besides, Zar'roc should have gone to Morzan's eldest son, not his youngest. It is mine by right of birth.
Eragon:
Murtagh:
Then, later, when Eragon denied Morzan and said that his father was actually
Don't get me wrong, I reached a point where this do not make me angry anymore, but rather amused! And I actually think I'm enjoying this books because of the SW fangirl in me! XD
Now, when does book 3 of Inheritance comes out? ;) Will he continue with SW and LOTR, or will he use another fandom? ;) XD
And before I go:
HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone!!! :D
I hope next year goes better than this last one!
| What Fantasy Archetype Are you? | |
![]() The Seasoned Veteran Friend You are the Seasoned Veteran Friend! You resemble Aragorn (Lord of The Rings), Merlin (Arthurian Legend), Han Solo (Star Wars), The Marquis (Neverwhere), Sirius Black (Harry Potter) and Chase (Wizard's First Rule). You are exceedingly loyal, tricky and hardy. You regularly pull the Unlikely Hero, Mentor and Pillor-of-Strength Love Interest out of trouble and into safety. Beware The Traitor, who will make your job intensely difficult. And don't coddle the Unlikely Hero too much, he has to learn how to fend for himself. Anyway, everyone admires you and your resourcefullness / reliability - good going! | |
| Take The Quiz Now! | Quizzes by myYearbook.com |

From:
no subject
Oh, and you should start watching SGA asap! :)
Happy new year, Deb. With lots of fandom stuff for you and a great new residence on its way!
From:
no subject
I need to watch SG-1 first! Only 9 seasons, then I get to SGA! XD
Thank you! I'm almost sure my new residence will be better, but I could be wrong, so, let's keep our fingers crossed! ;)
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
I'm still trying to find the guts to watch the movie.
And did you watch the new Heroes's promo?
*_*
nhaaa
I sent the news to jovemnerd.com.br, there's a link on my LJ
Yay o/
From:
no subject